1. To bring up the Quick Report Editor, click on the Qk Rpt button or
select Quick Report from the Function menu.
2. Drag the fields you want displayed in your report into the top line of the report area.
3. Click on Print to send the report to the printer, or Click on OK to return to the list window.
You may want to edit your columns after you have dragged the fields into the report.
Click to the right of where you want the column.
2. Select Insert Column from the Edit menu.
3. Drag the field into the new column.
Click on the column to be deleted.
2. Select Delete Column from the Edit menu.
You can give clarity to your report by adding header and footer information. You enter header and footer information from the second page of the Page Setup window. To find it follow these two steps:
1. Select Page SetupÉ from the File menu. The first window will have
page setup information for your printer.
2. Click on OK to move to the header and footer information.
You can enter whatever information you want in each of the six areas of the page.
* You can also adjust the header and footer size in pixels, inches or
* To display the current date on your report, type #D in one of the footer or header boxes.
* To display the page number on your report, type #P in one of the footer or header boxes.
* You can change the font type, size and style of your header and footer information by using the Font and Style menus.
you would like your report to be framed with borders, leave the Report with
Frames box checked.
If you do not want a framed report, click in the Report with Frames box so that it is unchecked.
can sort your records before you print your report using the sort editor as
described above, or you can sort your records using the Quick Report Editor.
Drag the <<Add Sort>> phrase on top of the column to be sorted.
The field name of that column will appear in the sort column on the left.
You can click on the arrow beside the field name to change the sort order from
ascending to descending and vice versa.
* You can sort more than one column; simply drag the <<Add Sort>> phrase onto another column.
* You can modify a sort by dragging the sort field name onto the column you want.
* You can delete a sort by selecting Delete Last Sort from the Other menu.
When you add a field to a column, the Quick Report Editor automatically inserts the field name as the heading for the column. However, you can change the headings to whatever you'd like.
1. Double-click on the heading of the column.
2. Edit the text.
You can also change the font type, style and size of your report. The report has headings (H), detail (D) and totals (T). It's possible modify each part of the report separately.
1. Select the line you'd like to modify. (H, D or T)
2. Use the Font and Style menus to modify the font.
The Quick Report Editor assumes that you would like it to calculate the width of your columns. If you leave the Auto Column Width box checked, the Quick Report Editor will find the widest entry and make that the column width. Sometimes, though, you might need to have a different column width. To set it:
1. Select the column for which you want to have manual column width
2. Uncheck the Auto Column Width box.
3. Move the cursor up to the very top of the column, then move it to the right or left border of the column. When it's right over the border, the cursor will change to a double-headed arrow.
4. When the cursor looks like a double-headed arrow, hold down the mouse button and drag the border to where you want it.
Note: The bold vertical line on your report represents the edge of your page.
The Quick Report Editor assumes that you do not want the same values repeated. This feature can make your report easier to read. You may prefer to use it when, for example, you are listing the cities for your members, and most of them live in the same city. If you want to print out all the values, repeated or not:
1. Select the column for which you want the values repeated.
2. Click in the Repeated Values box.
From the Quick Report Editor you are able to print to a file. This enables you to edit your Quick Report information in a word-processing or spreadsheet application.
1. Select Print to... from the File menu. The following window will open:
2. Select Disk file.
3. Click OK.
4. When you are ready to print, select Print from the File menu.
5. Select a location to save your file.
6. Open your other application and import the file.
Note: The fields will be separated by a tab, and the records will be separated by a carriage return.
If you have created a sophisticated report, and there's a chance that you'll use it again, you can save yourself time by saving it to disk.
1. Select Save AsÉ from the File menu
2. Select an appropriate location
3. Give the report a descriptive name
4. Click on Save
Open the Quick Report Editor (click the Qk Rpt button or select Quick Report
from the Functions menu).
2. Select Open from the File menu.
3. Find the file and click on Open.
There are some house-keeping utilities in The House Manager to take care of user accounts, passwords and licensing.